Chiropractic Care in Management of Lower-Back Pain
In an effort to reduce the costs associated with health care in Canada, methods for reducing low-back pain were evaluated in the Manga Report (1993).
Low-back pain or LBP was evaluated the following summarizes the findings of the report:
- Chiropractic Spinal Manipulation is shown to be more effective than alternative treatments for low-back pain.
- Chiropractic manipulation can be safer than medical management of low-back pain.
- There is overwhelming evidence that chiropractic management of low-back pain is more cost effective than medical management
- There would be significant cost savings is low-back pain management was transferred from medical physicians to chiropractors.
- Workers compensation studies report that injured workers with the same diagnosis returned to work much sooner after being treated by chiropractic physicians than by medical physicians.
- There is good empirical evidence that patients are more satisfied with chiropractic management of low-back pain than physician management of the same pain.